Add to Technorati Favorites

Friday, April 10, 2009

Tea Glorious Tea

So, I'm rather obsessed with tea. Not just any tea, though. It has to be proper English tea, and it has be with milk. This means that every few months, I trek a mile to a supermarket where they sell tea imported from England. People ask me what it is about tea that I like so much, and I've now come to the realization that a good cup of tea truly solves everything! Unfortunately, my friend is not a firm believer in my theory, and shudders every time I mention tea. A few years ago, she went on vacation to Europe, and her first stop was London. Her bags were lost during this first leg of the trip, and she ended up spending her time in London on the phone desperately trying to locate her bags. She was in tears because the airline couldn't locate her bag and, even if they could, had no where to forward her luggage to as she hadn't booked any specific hotels to stay in during her trip. In an effort to comfort my friend, the English lady assisting her assured her that everything would turn out well if she got a cuppa tea and a digestive. I quite agree with the lady's suggestion, but my friend reacted quite differently - she slammed down the phone and has not touched tea since then! This is such a sad story that I have to end it with some cool tea quotes:

"While there is tea, there is hope."
~Sir Arthur Pinero
(This quote is on my mug.)

"I always fear that creation will expire before teatime."
~Sydney Smith

"Remember the tea kettle - it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!"
~Author Unknown

"Tea to the English is really a picnic indoors."
~Alice Walker

No comments: