Add to Technorati Favorites

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Phlegm Advice

Remember a month ago, when I was sick, I told you about how my friend said to spit out the phlegm that I coughed up. At the time, I thought it was a strange and seriously disgusting piece of advice, but I have been proved wrong. At the top of an article about phlegm is the following statement: "Say what you will about the Maoist propaganda machine. They're right; you should spit the phlegm out." The reason it gave for the advice was that the phlegm may carry bacteria that's making your lungs sick, and if you swallow the phlegm, some of the bacteria may fall back into the lungs infecting it further. Am I grossing you out yet? Needless to say, I have not started on this new spitting regime. If you're interested, here's the website about phlegm: http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-phlegm.htm

No comments: