Add to Technorati Favorites

Monday, April 20, 2009

Exam Season

I bought 11 pairs of shoes today. It really wasn't good for my credit card, and it really wasn't good for my tiny closet, but it had to be done. My girlfriends spend the weeks immediately before exams desperately vacuuming every last speck of dust from their floors and rubbing every piece of metallic-wear until they sparkle. My guy-friends suddenly discover the gym and religiously visit those hallowed halls as if sweating profusely will making God answer their prayers about passing law school exams. I crack jokes and laugh at them, but secretly, I envy them. Once exams are over, they're left with immaculate apartments and muscular bodies while I sit fat and penniless in my unkempt apartment filled with shoes I'll never wear.

No comments: